Lights out! No, it’s not bedtime…it’s the end of the world for this village where light is a food source! Can you bring a glimmer of hope to this ill-luminated land?
You are the village alchemist on a quest to gather ingredients to make a Potion of Light in this single player Flash game fantasy platformer. This potion can restore light to the land and feed the hungry population. You must navigate the town by jumping across ledges and over hungry creatures that want a bite out of you. Help local villagers by performing tasks for them and acquiring ingredients as rewards. Obtain other ingredients by solving puzzles related to gaining access to otherwise unreachable areas. Mix all the ingredients together in your home cauldron to restore the light!
– Keyboard-controlled. Only the arrows keys are used to control the alchemist. Left and right arrow keys move your character left and right, respectively. The up arrow key makes the alchemist jump. The down arrow key is used to pick up items or use an item on an object. Note that you must still use your mouse to interact with the menu and toggle options.
– Save points. Use lamp posts to save your current position by passing by them. If your character dies, you will respawn at the last lamp post you activated with no loss of items. (It should be noted that this is not a ‘save game’ feature. If you clear your cookies, your game will be lost. However, this game can easily be completed in one session.)
– Casual play. This is a short and simple game that has an end point and does not require hours or multiple sessions to complete.
- The alchemist doesn’t have a health bar, so that means any monster contact is immediate character death. Don’t make reckless jumps. Sometimes it is worth watching for a few moments to be sure that a monster not currently visible isn’t pacing back and forth along a ledge.
- If there is a stationary monster and a patrolling monster in the same vicinity, try to time your jump just after the stationary monster has ‘chomped’ the air and the patrolling monster is walking away.
If you’ve played this game, be sure to share your experience and what you liked and/or didn’t like in the comments below!